Cyberwatch can conduct network sweeping on defined IP ranges and parse the results. The Discovery scans offered by Cyberwatch are conducted through third-party software.
- From the “Assets” menu, go to Discoveries.
- Click on the Add, then in the Network range category, click Network scans
- Enter the name of the scan.
- Select optional groups that will be affected to the scan.
- Choose the source of the scan (the Cyberwatch machine that will run the operation).
- Type the target following the CIDR format (e.g. 192.168.1.1/24), or specifying a IP addresses or domain names. You can specify multiple targets by separating them with a space. To know more about the supported syntaxes, see Nmap’s documentation.
- Optional - Define the ports targeted by the scan. If no port is specified, Cyberwatch will by default use the following ports: 22, 80, 139, 443, 445, 3389, 5985, 5986.
- Define the execution time limit of the scan. Default value is 10 minutes.
- Choose a recurrence. The default value 0 days means the scan will be launched only once.
- Optional - Select an agentless mode connection credential.
Cyberwatch will then conduct a Ping-scan on the targeted network range.
Results are accessible by clicking on the corresponding List button on the right of the table.