This matrix sums up the flows that may be required to monitor assets using the Cyberwatch agent.
|HTTPS communication for Windows, Linux and macOS agents
- Operating System among those covered in the list of supported operating systems
- PowerShell v2 or higher must be installed, can be downloaded on the official Microsoft Update Catalog website
- Microsoft .NET Framework v4.5.2 or higher must be installed for Windows 2008 or higher, can be downloaded on the official Microsoft website
- Microsoft .NET Framework v3.5 must be installed for Windows 2003, can be downloaded on the official Microsoft website
- Windows Update service (
wuauserv) must be enabled
- Windows Update Agent v6.1.0022.4 or higher must be installed
Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 assets also must support SHA-2 hash algorithms as described in the official Microsoft documentation. In summary, two updates are required:
- SHA-2 Code Signing Support, by installing KB4474419
- SHA-2 Related Servicing Stack Updates
In case these KBs are not installed, the following exception will be encountered in the Cyberwatch scan result:
# Error: Exception calling "AddScanPackageService" with "3" argument(s): "A certificate chain processed but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted provider (HRESULT : 0x800B0109)"
These requirements only apply to Python3 agents.
- The asset needs an installation of Xcode Command Line Tools, a lighter version of the Xcode package, which extends functionalities related to Python module execution. The absence of this prerequisite will raise the following error
xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun, which can be solved by running
- An asset with M1 or M2 Mac processor, needs Rosetta 2, in order to be compatible with our agent. This installation involves running the command
softwareupdate --install-rosettaand then accepting a License Agreement. For automation purposes, the command
softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-licenseallows to override the acceptance of this agreement.
- Concerning Python3 dependencies management, it’s automatic since version 4.12 of the agent. The appearance of a
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'error means the request could not be successful, and requires to follow this procedure.